Three Weight Loss and Life Changing Behaviors When talking with new members, I often see in them myself when I started my journey to become a new person.
Many people are looking for a positive life change. They need it...
I can see all the potential in them. They come to me because they know I have helped many people change their lives and bodies. They have met many of our successful members. Nevertheless, some of our members quit before reaching their goals and don’t continue on their own. Many are looking for an easy answer to their problems and to changing their life.
Custom Body Fitness has been around since 2010. This year, 2020, is CBF's 10th anniversary. We are so blessed that we have members that have been with us for many years, some since we opened and others more than 5 years. They understand that to improve their lives is not a quick fix behavior.
Going back to my introduction, I remember when I started. I had nothing other than debt and a lack of goals. I had no foundation. I worked as a busboy, laborer, dish washer and other jobs that were not fulfilling for me. There is absolutely nothing wrong with such jobs. They sustained me back then in many ways and fed me. However, they were not what I wanted to do. I knew I was made to make a difference in this world. This is the key of this article. Many people come to me wanting to lose weight, get in shape and improve their lives.
Three weight loss changing behaviors...
So I remind them what they already know:
1) You need to change only one thing at time, but change it for life.
2) You must be persistent by getting out of your comfort zone or you will always get the same results. It is difficult to get out of the comfort zone. But this is the challenge.
3) Be patient. Things do not happen overnight, and real sustainable results will happen only with time.
I have been changing my life every day habit by habit; it has paid dividends, and I continue improving my life...
I keep in mind during my journey the three things mentioned above:
4) I had to change many of my old habits and change one habit at a time. Now, I invest my time reading (learning), exercising, teaching, creating, investing capital, getting out of my comfort zone, meditating, helping, making mistakes and learning from them, giving time to my family, setting goals and making conclusions about what can I improve. These are things that I have been working on for 10 years now.
5) Just like any other human, I have adversities — emotional, monetary, material, professional and business losses. I make many mistakes, and often it seems like no matter how much I push, it is not happening. It rains, storms, snows and thunders in my weather. But I continue persisting and feel uncomfortable, always looking for the positive aspect. Anyway, life will bring me trouble if I stay comfortable. I have not bent to any of the adversities I have been through, and I continue moving forward. This seems to work. The adversities pass, I heal with time, and I continue achieving my goals.
6) I often forget that no matter how much I push, everything happens on its own time; then I remember to be patient. I do everything that is in my hands, and then I let it happen when it’s supposed to. Faith is a strong virtue. Anyway, the compound effect really works when I continue adding to my new habits, and I see the results faster than before when I started.
So when members come to us and want to change their life and lose weight, I want to pass my knowledge to them. But more importantly, I would love to pass to them my experience and everything I have learned by them feeling it instead of just learning. It would be a life-changing event for them.
Changing your life is not easy, but it is very possible if you want a more, let’s say, fulfilling life...
It takes changing old habits, fighting adversities by being persistent and getting out of your comfort zone, and learning and practicing to be patient. There is no shortcut to a better life.
Custom Body Fitness is located in Glenwood Springs CO, Carbondale CO and Basalt (Willits) CO